A pretty fine weekend all in all, bearing in mind I had no money to spend in the first place. Besides the usual Blind Eye / Clown & Bard / Akropolis (in)action I managed to venture a few times into Old Town – first to see Gail do her human jukebox thing at the Globe, then to watch the King Vitamin show at the Tulip cafe. Plus a whole load more stuff.
There were a whole host of faces from the past who arrived at one point or another. Every night has been a pleasant surprise, maybe because life seems more interesting when it has a one week limit.
Too many events have taken place for me to begin to describe or remember in order. Here are some highlights;
* Jeremiah & Matthew’s frenzied rap battle in front of a poetry reading crowd
* I wasn’t there for this one, but some old man tried to impress Ivana by saying he was from Mongolia – a shame he picked the one barmaid in the city who knows any Mongolian.
* Gail’s medley of Ave Maria, The Scooby Doo theme, Bon Jovi and a host of other unrelated songs.
* The moment during a game of pool with Lucie that I accidentally tapped a picture frame with my cue and knocked out the glass, which shattered all over the floor.
* Then not getting thrown out of the pool hall, somehow.
* The final end of the Zizkov massive looming into sight, with Jacques demanding Ivana leave “our” flat this week. Rest in peace, Rohacova 80.
Hard to believe this is really the end, with one week-long party to go, but it really is. I’m a little sad, a little excited, but it’s all the same isn’t it? I’ll be back.
- 2011 tracks
- 2014 tracks
- 2015 tracks
- Beijing restaurants
- britpop nuggets
- china life
- china questions
- china travel
- chinese food
- chinese language
- chinese literature
- czech republic
- forgotten 90s bands
- hong kong
- les rougon-macquart
- meat in popular music
- mind your language
- the cabin fever
- things in china
- uk life
- weird food
- Centuries of Sound 23/10/2017
- I probably have to write something about the bizarre Princess Diana statue garden in Nansha 31/01/2017
- 75 Tracks From 2015 16/01/2016
- The Floor 10/12/2015
- Chinese Condom Brands 08/11/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Three: Long Live The UK Music Scene 22/10/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Two or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Northern Uproar 28/09/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some People are Born to Dance 20/09/2015
- Tkay Maidza 13/08/2015
- Deep Dream Photos 20/07/2015
Anonymous on China, Translated Anonymous on China, Translated Giacomo on Equally Divided Europe Alenachola on I probably have to write somet… hiпроооо on I probably have to write somet…
Last.fm weekly chart