Got the flu again. Like every fucking month. Should probably include some vitamins and a little less alcohol in my diet (joke).
Bumped into a Swedish girl called Bodil in a terrible Oirish Theme Pub (“Caffreys”) where I was trying to watch the football and read the paper. In the 6 months since I last saw her she’s gone from having a Swedish accent to an Irish one, due to working at another Irish pup I suppose. Very strange. She wanted me to come to some R&B night tonight but I’d really rather not.
About twenty minutes later I had to flee the old town because it was giving me the fear. Sometimes I just can’t stand being in the centre – its like going down the road to the Disneyland of English stag parties. And always a good thousand people standing around the stupid fucking astronomical clock.
So I sought refuge in the Internment Cafe.
Also today in the Grauniad there’s an extract from John Fowles’ diaries talking about
the filming of his genius book ‘The Collector’ which sums up pretty well why it is I’m never going to have a career in the film industry .
Oh, and this is pretty funny, though old.
- 2011 tracks
- 2014 tracks
- 2015 tracks
- Beijing restaurants
- britpop nuggets
- china life
- china questions
- china travel
- chinese food
- chinese language
- chinese literature
- czech republic
- forgotten 90s bands
- hong kong
- les rougon-macquart
- meat in popular music
- mind your language
- the cabin fever
- things in china
- uk life
- weird food
- Centuries of Sound 23/10/2017
- I probably have to write something about the bizarre Princess Diana statue garden in Nansha 31/01/2017
- 75 Tracks From 2015 16/01/2016
- The Floor 10/12/2015
- Chinese Condom Brands 08/11/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Three: Long Live The UK Music Scene 22/10/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Two or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Northern Uproar 28/09/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some People are Born to Dance 20/09/2015
- Tkay Maidza 13/08/2015
- Deep Dream Photos 20/07/2015
Diana memorials Top… on I probably have to write somet… Anonymous on Chinese Map Of Europe Anonymous on Chinese Map Of Europe Anonymous on Chinese Map Of Europe Anonymous on Chinese Map Of Europe
Last.fm weekly chart