It’s time for my occasional podcast again.
This time the (fairly rubbish) theme is “The Unfair Funfair”
This one has been in the planning stages for years, and is being put out there only at the stage of my finally giving up on ever making it what I want it to be. The idea originally was to combine the creepy waltzes of two of these tracks with a general theme of evil fairs. Since then I’ve waded through a huge amount of embarrassing goth-cabaret nonsense, some of which lingers here still.
Anyway, it’s not a bad mix, not exactly. It was pretty good when I listened to it a couple of nights ago, but just annoying when I put it on again this morning. I suppose you have to be in the right sort of mood.
1. Minty – Procession
2. The Stranglers – Waltzinblack
3. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel – Mr Soft
4. Pulp – Fairground
5. Broadcast – Phantom
6. The Human League – Circus of Death
7. Circus Contraption – The Odditorium / Carousel
8. Irvin’s 89 Key Marenghi Fairground Organ – Help!
9. The Beatles – Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
10. Scunner – Lost at the Fair