This morning I had to get up at 6.30 to go and “act” in a mini-series for Chinese national TV. After less than four hours sleep and no caffeine I wasn’t in much of a state to be convincing but fortunately there was no sound recording taking place, so my badly-spoken line will be dubbed over in Chinese. The series is about Sun Yat-Sen’s second wife, one of those interminable historical dramas that fill the schedules of the national broadcaster. Not being a watcher of these I’m not sure how big a deal this all was, but a couple of the proper actors looked familiar. Us foreigners were supposed to be Russian journalists, dressed in dinner suits for some reason, asking the dignified stateswoman unreasonable questions.
We were back by 2pm, in time for the now regular mid-afternoon nap.
Topics2011 tracks 2014 tracks 2015 tracks animals austria baozi Beijing restaurants berlin books brighton britpop britpop nuggets cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature compilation croatia czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands photography photos photoshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- Centuries of Sound 23/10/2017
- I probably have to write something about the bizarre Princess Diana statue garden in Nansha 31/01/2017
- 75 Tracks From 2015 16/01/2016
- The Floor 10/12/2015
- Chinese Condom Brands 08/11/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Three: Long Live The UK Music Scene 22/10/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Two or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Northern Uproar 28/09/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some People are Born to Dance 20/09/2015
- Tkay Maidza 13/08/2015
- Deep Dream Photos 20/07/2015
Anonymous on China, Translated Anonymous on China, Translated Giacomo on Equally Divided Europe Alenachola on I probably have to write somet… hiпроооо on I probably have to write somet…
Last.fm weekly chart