A few months back I sent off my CV to twenty or thirty language agencies and got not so much as a snifter of a job.
This week I haven’t sent off any CVs at all and have somehow got a job anyway. Where they got my number from I don’t know. All I know is that they called me and asked me to come to an interview, so I did. Except it wasn’t an interview, just the filling out of a form with my name, address and date of birth. And a job, apparently. They weren’t even curious to know if I had any qualifications or experience. This city….
Topics2011 tracks 2014 tracks 2015 tracks animals austria baozi Beijing restaurants berlin books brighton britpop britpop nuggets cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature compilation croatia czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands photography photos photoshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- I probably have to write something about the bizarre Princess Diana statue garden in Nansha 31/01/2017
- 75 Tracks From 2015 16/01/2016
- The Floor 10/12/2015
- Chinese Condom Brands 08/11/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Three: Long Live The UK Music Scene 22/10/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Two or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Northern Uproar 28/09/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some People are Born to Dance 20/09/2015
- Tkay Maidza 13/08/2015
- Deep Dream Photos 20/07/2015
- Prague, 2003-2004 01/03/2015
Anonymous on China, Translated Anonymous on China, Translated Giacomo on Equally Divided Europe Alenachola on I probably have to write somet… hiпроооо on I probably have to write somet…
Last.fm weekly chart