June in Prague again. I had forgotten quite how dramatic it can be.
Some time yesterday was spent lying in the baking heat, then Jess called me on my way home and invited me out for a drink at a pizza restaurant by my old house. On the bus there I heard occasional thunder and as I found them under an awning I could feel the air getting tense around me. By now the sky was full of deep red storm clouds moving swiftly toward us. And then, safely sheltered (so we thought) such thunder, the sky lighting up with intricate flashes of lightning. Then the rain! In an hour we had gone from sunbathing weather to a storm so violent it would have been reported on the news in the UK.
We dashed inside eventually, and sat watching it, eating medovnik. When the clouds cleared the sky was black and I went off home.
Topics2011 tracks 2014 tracks 2015 tracks animals austria baozi Beijing restaurants berlin books brighton britpop britpop nuggets cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature compilation croatia czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands photography photos photoshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- I probably have to write something about the bizarre Princess Diana statue garden in Nansha 31/01/2017
- 75 Tracks From 2015 16/01/2016
- The Floor 10/12/2015
- Chinese Condom Brands 08/11/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Three: Long Live The UK Music Scene 22/10/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Two or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Northern Uproar 28/09/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some People are Born to Dance 20/09/2015
- Tkay Maidza 13/08/2015
- Deep Dream Photos 20/07/2015
- Prague, 2003-2004 01/03/2015
Alenachola on I probably have to write somet… hiпроооо on I probably have to write somet… Luis on Chinese Map Of Europe Miquel on Equally Divided Europe Alyssa on Chinese Map Of Europe
Last.fm weekly chart