Topics2011 tracks animals austria baozi beijing places Beijing restaurants belgium berlin books brighton cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature croatia cz czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb luxembourg macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands oscars photos photoshoppery photshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- Things in China – Questionable branding 23/08/2014
- Things in China – Fire precaution notices. 22/08/2014
- Things in China – KFC’s new breakfast offering. 21/08/2014
- Things in China – Advertisment for cosmetic surgery outside an actual hospital during the world cup 20/08/2014
- Things in China – “Resist the British Street” 19/08/2014
- Things in China – Toy chainsaws for toddlers 18/08/2014
- Portugal in the Pop World Cup 2014 25/04/2014
- Equally Divided Europe 08/04/2014
- Long-distance Childhood 20/02/2014
- Arbitrary Number of Shorter Sounds From The Most Recent Orbital Period of The Earth (AKA “27 Tracks from 2013″ ) 04/01/2014
haonowshaokao on Things in China – Advert… Anonymous on Things in China – Advert… Anonymous on False friends in English and… Allallt on Chinese Map Of Europe haonowshaokao on Does dubbing TV harm language…
Last.fm weekly chart
Not that remarkable, maybe, but look at the guy’s face – he’s absolutely terrified.
Which is realistic, I suppose.
Sweetcorn embedded in minced pork. Surely it can’t only be me that thinks this looks like a poo in a bap?
If you can read Chinese you’ll get the pun, though to be honest that doesn’t really make it any better.
My career as a Pop World Cup manager (the link should explain what this is) was cut short this week as I failed to claw my way out of the infamous Group of Death. In hindsight I should’ve realised further ramping up was needed in the final round, but I wanted to save my higher-potential tracks for later on. No room for hubris in the GoD.
Anyway, it’s been an interesting couple of months listening to Portuguese music from the last four years, and rather than just forget about the tracks I’ve found, I’ve made a mix to share them. Admittedly winning the thing was probably never going to happen, but there’s still plenty of good stuff to take away. See if you can guess which track I had planned for the final, in the unlikely event that I reached it.
Here’s the link to the mix – Portugal in the Pop World Cup 2014
And here’s what you can find on there:
Moullinex – Sunflare
Buraka Som Sistema – Hangover (Bababa)
Orelha Negra – We’re Superfly
Gala Drop – Rauze
DJ Oder – Robot Talk
Mazgani – Distant Gardens
Fast Eddie Nelson – Dry Water
Samuel Úria – Forasteiro
You Can’t Win, Charlie Brown – Over The Sun/Under The Water
Paus – Pelo Pulso
Moullinex – Sunflare (Club Mix)
…meanwhile, the PWC continues over at Freakytrigger.