- 2011 tracks
- 2014 tracks
- 2015 tracks
- Beijing restaurants
- britpop nuggets
- china life
- china questions
- china travel
- chinese food
- chinese language
- chinese literature
- czech republic
- forgotten 90s bands
- hong kong
- les rougon-macquart
- meat in popular music
- mind your language
- the cabin fever
- things in china
- uk life
- weird food
- Wet Markets 21/04/2020
- What are the Seven Wolves? 11/04/2020
- In a Pickle 21/03/2020
- Centuries of Sound 23/10/2017
- I probably have to write something about the bizarre Princess Diana statue garden in Nansha 31/01/2017
- 75 Tracks From 2015 16/01/2016
- The Floor 10/12/2015
- Chinese Condom Brands 08/11/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Three: Long Live The UK Music Scene 22/10/2015
- Britpop Nuggets Part Two or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Northern Uproar 28/09/2015
Jaka on Equally Divided Europe haonowshaokao on Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some… vicdiesel on Britpop Nuggets Part One: Some… Nastenahaigo on Wet Markets Wet Markets | haonow… on …
Last.fm weekly chart
Author Archives: haonowshaokao
I was going to say this was the best ever chart EDM but brief fact-checking reveals it hasn’t actually been in the charts, not in the UK at least. What are you doing, people?
More PC Music. A. G. Cook shows such love for the textures and artifacts of pop music here that you can easily forget he has the name of a firm of solicitors.
Found this on a Wire cover CD – I think everyone with a sampler has started to make this track at some point or another, but this is the only time I’ve heard it properly finished.
Stretching the definition of “song” a little here, I know.
I didn’t really like ‘Lemonade’, sorry.
Chilean electro-pop. Those synths!
1. More PC Music, so some people are going to hate it 2. GFOTY is ‘Girlfriend Of The Year’ – here she is interviewing Little Mix. 3. It’s not a song, it’s a mix tape, and not really mixed, and … Continue reading
In 2010 Twin Sister were my new favourite band, then in 2011 their debut album was the biggest disappointment of the year, then they disappeared completely for a few years, were dropped by their label, then returned this year with … Continue reading
50 songs from last year – #15 – Christina Vantzou – Going Backwards To Recover That Which Was Left Behind
Quite different from #16
Understandably lots of people were distracted by the video for this. In order to avoid this, here’s the audio. And, ok, here’s the video, if you want it. Do I need to say this is NSFW? Lots of people on … Continue reading