I’ve been watching the British election results roll in from my office, and on the whole it’s been a pretty depressing day. The only chinks of gold in the heap of shit are the greens finally winning in Brighton, even without my vote, and the failure of the tories to actually properly win.
The Chinese interest in the election is non-existent. It’s mentioned on the international news, which nobody I meet even watches. Explaining the intricacies of our ridiculous system is absolutely impossible, though it doesn’t matter as nobody is interested in the arcane working of an irrelevant backward-looking island thousands of miles away.
There is a temptation to find some expat bar to discuss it all with real Englishers – then I remember who they voted for, and the desire quickly subsides.
Topics2011 tracks animals austria baozi beijing places Beijing restaurants belgium berlin books brighton cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature croatia cz czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb luxembourg macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands oscars photos photoshoppery photshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- Things in China – Questionable branding 23/08/2014
- Things in China – Fire precaution notices. 22/08/2014
- Things in China – KFC’s new breakfast offering. 21/08/2014
- Things in China – Advertisment for cosmetic surgery outside an actual hospital during the world cup 20/08/2014
- Things in China – “Resist the British Street” 19/08/2014
- Things in China – Toy chainsaws for toddlers 18/08/2014
- Portugal in the Pop World Cup 2014 25/04/2014
- Equally Divided Europe 08/04/2014
- Long-distance Childhood 20/02/2014
- Arbitrary Number of Shorter Sounds From The Most Recent Orbital Period of The Earth (AKA “27 Tracks from 2013″ ) 04/01/2014
Valorie on Things in China – Fibreg… Royal Revolt 2 hack… on Things in China –… types of inspection on Tasty Crispy Silkworm Best Vines Compilati… on Things in China – Fibreg… marketing contemplat… on Things in China – Fire p…
Last.fm weekly chart