Spent the day traveling to Florence by train. The first half was good because I met a girl called Sarah from San Diego and talked to her for the duration. Then she had to get off in Genoa so I made the rest of the way by myself. This is my first time in Italy, so first impressions: On the plus side the streets seem to be constantly alive with people. On the negative side they all seem to want to rip me off. I just broke a cardinal traveling rule and let myself be convinced to eat at a restaurant in a square. 15 euros for a plate of pasta and some fizzy water is taking the piss, especially when the pasta is only alright.
Still, imagine I will be having a good one tomorrow before I get out of here on Tuesday. May even buy myself a new hat.
Topics2011 tracks animals Beijing restaurants berlin brighton china life china questions china travel chinese food czech republic film france hong kong hungary internet italy les rougon-macquart linguistics london ltsb macau manila music photos photoshoppery podcasts politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton spain swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video vietnam weird food worcester
- Does dubbing TV harm language learning? 18/05/2013
- Things In China: Beijing Zoo 12/05/2013
- Last Night A DJ Killed My Dog Podcast #30 – Year Of The Snake 04/05/2013
- The Commute and The Queue 30/04/2013
- Chinese Map Of Europe 25/04/2013
- Things in China: Never Forget 05/04/2013
- Qingming festival 2012 04/04/2013
- Les Rougon-Macquart #5 – La Faute de l’abbé Mouret (1875) 24/03/2013
- Beijing Baozi – An Epic Journey (part 4) 12/03/2013
- Beijing Baozi – An Epic Journey (part 3) 09/03/2013
Paul Rafferty on Does dubbing TV harm language… RanE on Does dubbing TV harm language… hosting on Chris Brown, Chloe Papas and t… haonowshaokao on Chinese Map Of Europe Jacob on Chinese Map Of Europe
Last.fm weekly chart