Spent the day traveling to Florence by train. The first half was good because I met a girl called Sarah from San Diego and talked to her for the duration. Then she had to get off in Genoa so I made the rest of the way by myself. This is my first time in Italy, so first impressions: On the plus side the streets seem to be constantly alive with people. On the negative side they all seem to want to rip me off. I just broke a cardinal traveling rule and let myself be convinced to eat at a restaurant in a square. 15 euros for a plate of pasta and some fizzy water is taking the piss, especially when the pasta is only alright.
Still, imagine I will be having a good one tomorrow before I get out of here on Tuesday. May even buy myself a new hat.
Topics2011 tracks animals austria baozi beijing places Beijing restaurants belgium berlin books brighton cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature croatia cz czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb luxembourg macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands oscars photos photoshoppery photshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- Hong Kong Tram Timelapse Video Thing (Again) 17/11/2013
- Things in China – Sign #4 (not actually a sign) 04/09/2013
- Things in China – Sign #3 03/09/2013
- Things in China – Sign # 2 02/09/2013
- Things in China – Sign # 1 01/09/2013
- Parkview Green (芳草地) = weird shopping centre 22/06/2013
- “Misdirection” 22/06/2013
- Does dubbing TV harm language learning? 18/05/2013
- Things In China: Beijing Zoo 12/05/2013
- Last Night A DJ Killed My Dog Podcast #30 – Year Of The Snake 04/05/2013
Tore on Chinese Map Of Europe Alf Hucom on Things in China – Sign… Alf Hucom on Things In China: Beijing … Alf Hucom on Does dubbing TV harm language… Alf Hucom on Last Night A DJ Killed My Dog…
Last.fm weekly chart