Spent the day traveling to Florence by train. The first half was good because I met a girl called Sarah from San Diego and talked to her for the duration. Then she had to get off in Genoa so I made the rest of the way by myself. This is my first time in Italy, so first impressions: On the plus side the streets seem to be constantly alive with people. On the negative side they all seem to want to rip me off. I just broke a cardinal traveling rule and let myself be convinced to eat at a restaurant in a square. 15 euros for a plate of pasta and some fizzy water is taking the piss, especially when the pasta is only alright.
Still, imagine I will be having a good one tomorrow before I get out of here on Tuesday. May even buy myself a new hat.
Topics2011 tracks animals austria baozi beijing places Beijing restaurants belgium berlin books brighton cambodia china life china questions china travel chinese food chinese language chinese literature croatia cz czech republic estonia film finland forgotten 90s bands france hong kong hungary internet italy journalism laos latvia les rougon-macquart linguistics lithuania london ltsb luxembourg macau manila meat in popular music mind your language mongolia music Netherlands oscars photos photoshoppery photshoppery podcast podcasts poland politics portugal pulp religion rip russia scumhampton slovakia spain sport swimming tefl thailand the cabin fever things in china TV uk life video videos vietnam wales weird food worcester
- Things in China – Questionable branding 23/08/2014
- Things in China – Fire precaution notices. 22/08/2014
- Things in China – KFC’s new breakfast offering. 21/08/2014
- Things in China – Advertisment for cosmetic surgery outside an actual hospital during the world cup 20/08/2014
- Things in China – “Resist the British Street” 19/08/2014
- Things in China – Toy chainsaws for toddlers 18/08/2014
- Portugal in the Pop World Cup 2014 25/04/2014
- Equally Divided Europe 08/04/2014
- Long-distance Childhood 20/02/2014
- Arbitrary Number of Shorter Sounds From The Most Recent Orbital Period of The Earth (AKA “27 Tracks from 2013″ ) 04/01/2014
businesselectricityp… on Things in China – Fibreg… haonowshaokao on Things in China – Advert… Anonymous on Things in China – Advert… Anonymous on False friends in English and… Allallt on Chinese Map Of Europe
Last.fm weekly chart